Indian Head Massage
What is Indian Head Massage?
A typical treatment includes massage of the upper body – face, ears, shoulders, arms, neck and scalp. This treatment has a profound effect on the whole body as there are many important energy points on the head. This treatment can be given seated or lying on a couch, with or without the use of oil.
This treatment has a profound effect on the whole body as there are many important energy points on the head. Therefore there are benefits to the body and to the mind including the following:
- Increase in joint mobility and flexibility in the shoulders, neck and arms.
- Reduces tension and increase flexibility in tense or overworked muscles.
- Decreases the heart rate and lowers blood pressure.
- Relieves problems such as sinusitis and nasal congestion.
- Reduces stress and anxiety by relaxing the mind and body.